Meditation is probably a good idea for this Blue Full Moon in Libra. It can be a challenging one, but as we all know, challenges provide opportunities for growth. If you are feeling a little off, know you are not alone, and there are some tips to help you stay balanced and grounded below.
Let’s look at some of the aspects at play:
- Libra represents balance – a good reminder to take everything in stride
- Mercury retrograde to many means chaos, but I feel like it’s an opportunity to examine our communication and ways of expression
- Mercury is squaring Saturn and opposing to the moon, which can internally muddle things – so it’s very important to be clear with ourselves first
- Mercury is also square to Mars, which can increase aggression and make us rash – again take time to nurture yourself first to stay balanced if you feel off kilter
- Mars is conjunct to Saturn, another sign of aggression, and square to the Moon suggesting deep fears coming to the surface. Where are these fears rooted? Fears are future oriented therefore not real, so get to the heart of the matter and visualize yourself changing future outcomes for the positive
- Saturn and the moon are square, which signifies being alone, loneliness and lack of connection. Again, take time to connect with yourself, so you can more deeply connect with others when you are ready
- The stars Vindemiatrix and Porrima in Virgo (detail oriented and often emotionally closed-off) are related to fears of loss. Again, if this is a fear or yours, notice where it is rooted and release this
The Full Moon is all about opposition and seeing what is out of alignment in order to bring everything back into harmony. So yes, this is a rather intense Full Moon, but also offers great opportunity for growth. What all this says to me is, take time to go inwards. Make sure you slow down to connect to yourself before making any big moves or agreements – I would actually be inclined not to make any for the next week. If situations feel anything less than in total harmony, take time to be with yourself, reassess, and come back to the situation next week.
Full Moon Meditation & Ritual
Here’s a beautiful meditation and ritual to get grounded and heart-centered, offering a little peace and guidance during this…ahem…time of growth.
I always like to begin with a bath, epsom salts and pure essential oils. This month (and many days) I like to use Harmony for total balance. This blend contains rose, bergamot, chamomile, jasmine, rosewood, sage lavender, spruce, hyssop, geranium, angelica, frankincense, sandalwood, lavender and more. You can also use a pure rose oil for the heart chakra. I bring my crystals and my protection necklace of pearl & hematite in for a cleanse too. If you like you can listen to this Heart Chakra Meditation by a beautiful couple from WhiteRock, who offer incredible healing work. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK68Dxw57d4).
When you are ready to settle into your meditation after your bath, dab a drop or two of Northern Black Spruce (produced in BC on Young Living’s farm) or another oil you like for grounding, on your feet or in a diffuser. You are welcome to smudge if you like too. As my lovely friend Natalie Miles mentioned in one of her recent posts, it’s the energy you put into the clearing when you smudge that makes the difference. Connect to the energies or guides you feel most aligned with.
- Begin by taking five deep inhales through your nose & exhaling through your mouth
- Bring your awareness to your root chakra, visualizing roots or a golden cord reaching into the Earth, really feeling this connection as you breath
- As you inhale, imagine breathing in pure white light, retaining your breath as you bring this light down to the root chakra, exhale to release
- Continue with this breath as you work up through each chakra – your sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, pineal & crown
- Continue breathing with this warm, cleansing white light, bringing it through your whole body, allowing it to radiate out around your body into your aura (the energetic body surround you)
- You may sit here as long as you wish
When you are ready to come out of your meditation, note down in your journal any insights you had. This is a wonderful practice every time you meditate, especially if you are newer to this practice, as you will see your intuition develop. The insight you received is all you need to move forward. If it’s not clear now, it will be. Allow yourself to simply be, and know with the breath you can come back to this place of peace at any time.
Fullmoon Circle for April
Friday, April 27th from 7-830pm two lovely ladies and friends will be hosting a Full Moon Circle. Danna Calli is a Psychic Medium and Monica Quieroz is a transpersonal counsellor. We hope you can join us!
If you have any questions about meditation or essential oils, please email me! email@example.com