During a New Moon the Sun and Moon are in balance, which keeps waters calm, and is connected to our emotional stability and intuition. This New SuperMoon in Cancer is the longest (partial) Solar Eclipse this century, and is known to bring fears to the surface to be cleared for transformation. Intuitive and emotional Cancer amplifies our ability to connect with these fears to move past them quickly. In addition, we have 5 planets in retrograde:
- Mars in Aquarius, impacting our actions and communication
- Jupiter in Scorpio speaks to our boundaries and limits
- Saturn in Capricorn, governing Karma & ethics
- Neptune in Pisces, asking us to face reality
- Pluto in Capricorn, bringing our darkside and fears to light
Some other aspects at play:
- Moon in opposition to Pluto speaks to our self-esteem
- Fixed Star Castor in Gemini is the balance between genius and madness
- Grand Trine:
- Venus – Saturn indicates the need for long-term commitment in relationships and/or financially
- Venus – Uranus signals to try something new! Mix it up and have fun!
- Saturn – Uranus points to a transition for a positive outcome
So while there are many elements at play, this is really a beautiful time for transformation if we allow ourselves to take the time to reflect, set our vision clearly, and let it unfold. Staying grounded and connected to your values and purpose is key. Take some extra time for self-love this week and to be with yourself – perhaps a walk in the forest or by the ocean is just what you need. If you feel boundaries have been crossed, particularly in close relationships or work, it’s important to speak up with clarity around the concerns. Power and control is a common theme as we are being pushed to change and stand in our power.
New Moon Meditation
As always, I like to start with a bath with my crystals and oils to help calm the nervous system and clean the crystals. For transformation I would reach for Amazonite (one of my faves), Moon Stones, Celestite, Labradorite, or Tiger’s Eye. If you need a little grounding support too, try Black Obsidian or Smokey Quartz.
For oils, I would recommend those that support transformation and the Heart Chakra, such as; Frankinsence (to open the pineal gland), Sandalwood, Harmony, Rose.
When you are ready to come back to your special meditation space, bring your journal with you and clear your space with sage and intention, mantra (such as ‘Sa, Ta, Na, Ma’ = infinity, life, death, rebirth), or pure intention.
Begin by circling your neck slowly and gently and take a few Cat/Cows, allowing your breath to move your body.
Settling back into a comfortable seat, begin by inhaling deeply into the belly & chest, exhaling completely from the chest & belly through your mouth. Repeat 5 more times. Come to a steady, easy or Ujjayi breath, inhaling & exhaling through the nose. Allow your body to relax and bring your awareness to your hips and lower body on your mat or cushion. Begin to feel the ground below you. Connect to your Root Chakra, and visualize your roots or a golden cord reaching deep into the Earth. This is your spiritual connection to keep you grounded. Maintain your easy breath as you feel this connection growing deeper. As you inhale, you can imagine drawing in a warm, white light from your Crown chakra all the way down to your Root, and letting this light travel into the Earth. This light helps to clean and balance your chakras. As you continue breathing, imagine this light radiating through and beyond your body, creating a protective layer around you or positive energy. You are welcome to do this for as long as you like.
When you are finished, create a mantra for yourself. It can be very simple. Perhaps something you heard. A quality you would like to embody – ex: I am light, I am love, I am peace. Repeat this mantra to yourself before bed, when you wake up in the morning, and during the day when you take a moment to check in with your breath and posture.
- What is it you really desire?
- What is it you feel called to do or share with your community?
- How is the present situation helping you achieve this? If it is hindering you, it’s time to make a positive change.
- Do you have any self-imposed limitations? Most of us do, but they can be deeply buried. Why are they there? Fears and limitations are not real, although you may feel you have strong reason for concern. Pay attention to your intuition. Are your fears really founded or are they holding you back from sharing your light?
- How are you handling challenges and changes at the moment? If they are creating stress, fear, or worry, try to identify exactly where your concern is coming from. Are you meant to step out of the situation to grow in a new way? Try to allow yourself to surrender for the bigger vision, and for greater peace.
Happy new Transformational Supermoon! You are welcome to join us for a by-donation Yin class this evening, with crystal bowl sound healing from 8-9pm. Please register via this link.
Love & light,